Monday, April 06, 2009

Well is April, the month of Baseball, Rain, cold weather and snow?!?

Well today was Opening Day of the Major League Baseball Season 2009. There were many games on today, a few on ESPN (so I was able to watch them). Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox games both got cancelled because of rain and cold respectively. The Minnesota Twins played the opening game of their opening series and...lost 6-1 vs. the Seattle Mariners. Not the best way to start a season, but we will recover. Second game of the series on tomorrow night around 8. If your like me and not in the GREAT state of Minnesota, you will probably have to watch it like I do: through ESPN/MLB gameday. I must find a way to watch the games or at least listen to them out of state. If you know a way please contact me. I will be forever in debt.

Anyways today was a pretty good day. I got my "Room Draw" card and have a number of 322. This is a good number to get I believe, it is pretty low (lowest is better). Anyways my roommate got a 179, I knew he'd get a lower number than me because he is a music major so he has to take lots more classes than me (Classes that only count for 1 or 2 credits). Anyways you are supposed to average the numbers you get to see what order you will be able to pick your room for next year. Our number is 250. Pretty good if I do say so myself (I have not asked anyone else what their numbers are, so I have nothing to compare it to).

The plan is to live in Larsen Hall (bad picture, but its all I have). I found out that the only guys floor, at least according to the floor plan, is the third floor which is fine. But their are only about 5-10 double rooms. So hopefully we will get a room in Larsen, otherwise we could live in Miller Hall (heres the specs, becuz I couldn't find a picture, which I'm not suprised about Miller is ugly!). So thats basically my rooming plans for next year, I have not completely figured out what classes I am going to take next year. I did map out what I have to do to graduate and complete both my Political Science and Classics major as well as my History minor.

I am still jobless for the summer. I e-mailed the people who run Camp Minnehaha the place I have worked full time the last two summers. My brother recently got a job there so hopefully I will be able to work at least a little there. I really need to make money this summer because right now I am very broke. Well I am hoping that that will all work out. It would be devastating if I was unable to find a job anywhere and just had to sit around my parents house all summer.

Well it has been hard getting back into the 'swing' of things (homework and such), after my amazing spring break trip down to New Orleans and then Mississippi to do Habitat work. (My Blog Entry: My Return to the Gulf Coast) But in 4 days Easter Break is here! I am going home Thursday night, and then coming back sometime on Monday. I have lots to accomplish over those three-four days. I need new jeans (my old pair that I took on the Habitat Trip are all ripped up, and then the only pair I have left are way too tight) so my mom and I will probably go to Target to buy those. Then I am going to try to go to the Apple store to try to find out whats wrong with my iPod. It is freezing and not holding a charge. I think thats about it. It will be so nice to be able to see my Lexie (who is a cockapoo) and to eat my Mom's good home-cooked meals. Mmmmmm!

Well I should probably be doing my Latin HW right now, but luckily I did most of it (all but 10 lines) last night. I was very productive and probably should have just done it all, but I was tired and needed sleep. Well I think that is all I have. Oh I got a "B" on my New Nations, New Worlds paper from a while ago, that was a nice plus to a great day. Well talk to you later!

Bye!

No comments: